Untitled header[edit source]
Hi Rayous, I'm Annette with Wikia Staff. We're doing a cool event today called Wikia Day that invites all of Wikia Staff to work in teams to contribute to and improve their favorite wikis. Our team is working on the wonderful Autopedia, and we just wanted to give you a heads up. We are planning to make some tweaks to your main page to improve the formatting, and we're also chipping away at your Wanted pages and Dead End pages. Let me know if you have any questions about our edits, and we hope we're helping you guys out!
- Done. --Rayous Talk 16:16, May 24, 2013 (UTC)
Hey, I'm trying to do the promote thing you asked me about last week (sorry about the delay, been busy).
I wrote this out as our description, "Autopedia is a comprehensive encyclopedia about all things automotive. Cars, buses, trucks, makes and models can all be found here. Auto racing - from Formula One to NASCAR - is also covered in-depth. With almost 10,000 pages in our database, you're almost certain to find the information you've been searching for!"
However, I've encountered a snag with uploading the image(s). Wikia insists a ".png" file be used on the promotion page, and since all the manufacturer promo pictures I've looked at so far are ".jpg" files, I have been unable to upload a suitable image.
Any suggestions? --Hockeyben 15:07, May 29, 2013 (UTC)
- Google "jpg to png converter". I'm sure you will find something. --Rayous Talk 23:50, May 29, 2013 (UTC)
RE: Catagorys[edit source]
Thanks for the information. For some reason when you sent it yesterday it did not show up on my profile. I'll fix the edits ASAP!
Hey, I might be making a new Wikia account (Long story) and I was wondering. Once (if) I make one, can I automatically become an admin. I will do better this time (I made a few mistakes I know) and if you have to in order for this to work, if you have to demote the Admin status on this account, I don't mined. I just need to be an admin on at least the new acccount if I make it. Please get back to me soon!
- If you make a new account, you will have to follow the requirements for adminship. So I would advise to keep your account or contact Wikia and ask them to change your account name. --Rayous Talk 05:22, May 31, 2013 (UTC)
- Do you think if I met this requirements, I can still be an admin?
- EliteRacing343 (talk) 10:47, May 31, 2013 (UTC)
I don't think EliteRacing343 should have to pass all the requirements if he does choose to make a new account. We've seen what he's done as an admin already.--Hockeyben (talk - contribs) 13:33, May 31, 2013 (UTC)
This is my new account and thanks Hockeyben. I don't mind having to go throw the requirements its just that I want to be an admin now so I can get back to the way everything was the way before and edit the pages that I can only if I'm an admin.
- I'll tell you what. If you can create a wanted article, use this page and one of our site's best article as a guide, add images to the article, then add content, make 300 edits again, I'll bestow you with admin powers.. Also... the edits must be useful. --Rayous Talk 04:27, June 1, 2013 (UTC)