|Production||1995 - present|
|Class||C-Segment Family Hatchback|
|Body Style||3 dr - 5 dr Hatchback|
4 dr Sedan(Sport Saloon)
5 dr Wagon(Sport Tourer)
|Height||Height - type here|
|Transmission||5 speed Manual|
6 speed Manual
4 speed Automatic, FWD
|Engine||1.4 litre 4 cylinder 16VPetrol|
1.6 litre 4 cylinder VVT Petrol (Authentique)
2.0 litre 4 cylinder Petrol (Expression, Dynamique, Privilege)
1.9 litre 4 cylinder Turbo Diesel (dCi)
2.0 litre 4 cylinder Turbo (Renaultsport)
|Power||N/A hp (83 kW) @ N/A rpm|
N/A lb-ft (152 Nm) of torque @ N/A rpm
N/A hp (98 kW) @ N/A rpm
N/A lb-ft (191 Nm) of torque @ N/A rpm
N/A hp (96 kW) @ N/A rpm
N/A lb-ft (300 Nm) of torque @ N/A rpm
N/A hp (165 kW) @ N/A rpm
N/A lb-ft (300 Nm) of torque @ N/A rpm
|Designer||Patrick le Quement|
The Renault Megane is a small family hatchback produced by Renault.
- 1 Recent Changes
- 2 Styles and Major Options
- 3 Pricing
- 4 Gas Mileage
- 5 Engine and Transmission
- 6 Performance
- 7 Reliability
- 8 Safety
- 9 Photos
- 10 Colors
- 11 Main Competitors
- 12 Hybrid Models
- 13 Unique Attributes
- 14 Interior
- 15 Resale Values
- 16 Criticisms
- 17 Generations
- 18 Current Generation: (2009–present)
- 19 Worldwide
- 20 Megane In Pop Culture
- 21 Awards
- 22 See Also
- 23 External Links
Recent Changes[edit | edit source]
- On June 27, 2009, Renault launched the World Series by Renault Clio and Megane in celebration of the successes of its Formula One drivers Fernando Alonso, Heikki Kovalainen and Robert Kubica.
- Another worldwide debut at the 2009 Geneva Motor Show was the Megane RS 250 hot hatch. The RS comes ready to slay names like GTI, ST, VXR and GTA with a 2.0 litre turbocharged four-pot producing 250hp at 5,500rpm and peak torque of 340Nm from 3,000rpm and controlled via a six-speed manual.
- At the 2009 Geneva Motor Show, Renault unveiled the 5-door Megane Sport Tourer wagon. The Sport Tourer's length is 263 mm longer than the hatch at 4,558 mm and the wheelbase has also been stretched to 2,702 mm, a growth of 62 mm. It also gets Renault's new TCe 130 engine, a 1.4 liter power plant with a "low inertia" turbocharger pumping out a substantial 130 hp and 190 Nm of torque. 
- Hot on the heels of the 2009 Megane, Renault launched the Megane Coupe (3-door Hatch) at the 2008 Paris Motor Show.
- The third generation Renault Megane is set to be unveiled at the 2008 Paris Motor Show. The new car will be larger and more spaceous than the outgoing model as its overall length grows to 4.3 m and its wheelbase to 2.64 m.
Styles and Major Options[edit | edit source]
Certain vehicles come in different trim levels or body styles. Features and major options should be mentioned here.
Pricing[edit | edit source]
Add more fields as necessary.
Gas Mileage[edit | edit source]
Add more fields as necessary.
As seen on the FuelEconomy.gov website, the City/Highway MPG averages are as follows:
Engine and Transmission[edit | edit source]
Specifications, details, graphs, pictures and other information regarding the powertrain is placed in this section.
Performance[edit | edit source]
Please make sure to write information of the vehicle's performance in a third-person point of view. This section should include information about the car's acceleration figures, handling, braking, etc.
If using information gathered from Road Test articles from a reputable automotive source, then please make sure to cite the quote.
Reliability[edit | edit source]
Warranty options and scheduled maintainence information should be mentioned here.
Safety[edit | edit source]
- Front seatbelt pretensioners
- Front seatbelt load limiters
- Driver's airbag
- Front passenger airbag
- Side body airbags
- Side head airbags
Top Gear[edit | edit source]
Because the Megane was the first small family hatchback to score 5 stars by EuroNCAP, Top Gear wanted to prove its safety. In Series 2, Episode 7, the Megane, roadtested by Richard Hammond was sacrificed by crashing into a stationary Mk 1 Mondeo at over 30 mph driven by Lee, the stuntman. After the crash, Lee was all good and he did not sustain any injuries unlike in other car crashes. 
Photos[edit | edit source]
Add Photos of the vehicle here.
Please make sure not to use copyrighted photos.
Colors[edit | edit source]
- Antique Green
- Extreme Blue
- Midnight Blue
- Oyster Grey
- Pearl Black
- Ruby red
- Mineral Blue
- Oporto Red
- Sapphire Blue
- Flame Red
- Capsicum Red
- Glacier White
- Pacific Blue
- Ultra Blue
- Ultra Red
- Deep Black
- Liquid Yellow
Main Competitors[edit | edit source]
Hybrid Models[edit | edit source]
If there are hybrid versions of this vehicle manufactured, then please elaborate a little bit on it here.
Unique Attributes[edit | edit source]
Interior[edit | edit source]
This section should include information on the interior's design, build quality, ergonomics, space (head and legroom, front and rear), features, stowage compartments and overall comfortability and livability. Add pictures wherever applicable and keep information in a third-person point of view.
Resale Values[edit | edit source]
Add more fields as necessary.
|Year X||Year X-2||Year X-3||Year X-4|
Criticisms[edit | edit source]
According to the Which? Car Owner's Satsifaction survey, the 1996-2003 Megane is described as "a piece of rubbish".
Generations[edit | edit source]
Fill in as many as appropriate. Add more if necessary and pictures wherever applicable.
Please make sure NOT to use copyrighted pictures.
Current Generation: (2009–present)[edit | edit source]
Second generation (2002–2008)[edit | edit source]
Megane CC[edit | edit source]
The Megane CC is a foldable hardtop convertible version.
Megane R26[edit | edit source]
The Megane is another Renaultsport Megane released. On the exterior, the R26 can be recognised with decals of checkered flag "F1 Team" on the bumpers, the doors and the roof. In the inside, you find alloy sports pedals and a red steering wheel marker as well as Recaro bucket seats, a chilled glovebox and a numbered plaque beneath the handbrake reinforces the F1 connection. It's 2 litre intercooled turbocharged engine produces 168 kW @ 5500 rpm and 310 Nm of torque @ 3000 rpm courtsey of the high flowing exhaust manifold and remapped ECU. Power goes through its 6 speed transaxle with the limited slip diiferential. The R26 has stiffer springs, uprated dampers and a 10% stiffer rear anti-roll bar and has 4 disc brakes with front Brembo calipers behind the Oz 12 spoke 18 inch Alloy wheels. The colours the Megane R26 come with are Black or Pearlescent Yellow.
Megane R26.R[edit | edit source]
The 2008 London Motor Show played host to the unveiling of Renault's new 450 unit limited edition track-ready variant of the Megane (and road-legal version of the Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26), the Megane R26.R. Motivation comes from the race car's 230 Hp 2.0-liter turbocharged engine, however, mated to a 6-speed gearbox with a short-shift gear linkage, a limited slip differential and a weight reduction of 271 lbs. This means the R26.R can accelerate from naught to 100 kph in 6 seconds and, impressively, turn out 27.7 mpg (8.5 lt/100km or 33.2 UK mpg). However, the R26.R's party piece is its official Nürburgring lap time of 8 minutes and 17 seconds. While not as impressive as the Nissan GT-R or Porsche 911 Turbo's low 7 min 20-something second times, this makes the R26.R comfortably the fastest Front-engined, FWD car round the fearsome German circuit. Prices begin at £22,990 OTR ($46,000 or €29,000) and will only be available in select western European countries. 
First Generation/Origins (YYYY–YYYY)[edit | edit source]
Worldwide[edit | edit source]
If the vehicle is sold in other markets worldwide, then this is the section to mention that information. Also, mention if the <MODEL> goes by another name in these other markets.
Megane In Pop Culture[edit | edit source]
- In 2004, the Renault Megane has been named the Most Beautiful Car in the World under Medium Sedan.
- The second generation Megane hatchback has the most distinctive back end known as a 'bum'. Some people referred it as a 'J.Lo butt' because it looks similar to the back-side belonging to Jennifer Lopez. Also, women in the Georges Seurat painting La Grande Jatte  appear to have the similar 'bum' compared to the car.
- In the first series of The Worst Week of My Life, Mel owns a blue Megane.
- The Megane has appeared in many video games including Forza Motorsport 4. In another game, Blur, one of the top racer's. Shannon, owned a tuned Megane F1.
- The retractable roof of the Megane CC is the fastest with the time of 22 seconds.
Awards[edit | edit source]
- 2004 African Car Of The Year
- 2002 European Car Of The Year
- 2003 winner of Most Beautiful Medium Sedan in the World.
- 2010 Drive Best Performance Car Under $60,000 (RS250)
- 2010 Drive Best Small Car (Nominee)
See Also[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Official Renault Megane Homepage fr
- Renault Megane India
- Renault Megane R26.R: Fastest Front Wheel Drive Production Car on the ‘Ring with 8’17’’
- Renault Megane R26.R: 30 High Res Photos / Wallpapers
- 2009 Renault Megane: Official Details and 33 High-Res Photos
- Paris '08 Preview: Renault Megane III made officially official
- Renault releases official details for 2009 Megane
- Renault Releases UK Pricing on New Megane Hatchback
- New Renault Megane Coupe Featured in Need For Speed Undercover - With Video
- Geneva Preview: Renault Megane RS teased
- New Renault Megane RS - First Pic Surfaces
- 250hp Renault Megane RS Unleashed (with video)
- Renault Uncovers new Megane Sport Tourer
- Renault Launches new Entry-Level Megane Extreme Models in the UK
- World Series edition Renault Clio and Megane aren't exactly home runs
- Renault Launches Megane Sport Tourer in the UK
- Renault Announces UK Pricing for Hardcore Megane RenaultSport 250 and RS 250 CUP
- New Megane Coupe-Cabriolet Revealed - Public Debut in Geneva
- Renault Megane Coupe-Cabriolet new images, video released