|Pontiac EDAG Solstice Hardtop Concept|
|Introduction||2006 Geneva Motor Show|
|Body Style||how many doors+how many seats+what type of body|
|Length||length - type here|
|Width||Width - type here|
|Height||Height - type here|
|Wheelbase||wheelbase - type here|
|Weight||Weight - you get the point|
|Transmission||transmission + drive|
|Engine||2.4 litre Ecotec DOHC|
|Power|| 173 hp @ N/A rpm|
N/A lb-ft of torque @ N/A rpm
|Designer||Designer (lead designer if it was a team effort)|
EDAG, a German automobile supply company, proposed a hardtop for the Pontiac Solstice Convertible. The Solstice is an entertaining sports car, but many wanted a removable hardtop. EGAG proposed a station wagon-like unit, which replaced the rear deck, and which recalled the Chevy Nomad concept that was shown by GM in 2004.
A similar removable hardtop was proposed for the Saturn Sky.
The hardtop would provide "winterized comfort," and if you removed the convertible top, increased storage in a car that was seriously lacking in storage space.
The Solstice hardtop was produced in small numbers.
The "sports wagon" concept gives some utility, like the Volvo 1800ES of the early 1970s.
It is not certain that the hardtop was ever produced
The similar Opel GT would probably have been able to use the proposed unit for the Saturn Sky, as the cars are virtually identical.
- 2006 EDAG Pontiac Solstice Hard Top Concept
- 2006 Edag Solstice Hardtop
- EDAG Set To Wow at Detroit with Solstice Hardtop
- EDAG Now Taking Orders For Solstice Sportwagon Hardtop Conversion Kit
- EDAG Pontiac Solstice Hard-Top World Debut at NAIAS
- Pontiac News - EDAG Sportwagon hardtop for Solstice on sale in January
- Pontiac Solstice Concept by EDAG