|aka||Mazda Demio (Japan market)|
|Production||2007 - present|
|Body Style|| 2-door, 5 seat hatchback|
4-door, 5-seat hatchback
4-door, 5-seat sedan
|Transmission|| 5 speed Manual|
4 speed Automatic, FWD
|Power|| N/A hp @ N/A rpm|
N/A lb-ft of torque @ N/A rpm
|Designer||Designer (lead designer if it was a team effort)|
Use the following MODEL TEMPLATE as the foundation for the Autopedia's Model page:
Start off with a brief Introduction to the particular MODEL. Please DO NOT use the same Introduction text from the <MODEL> Review page, but rather paraphrase ideas relevant to grasp an overall scope of the vehicle.
Please include the following line at the bottom of this section. Please replace <MODEL> Review with the proper text:
- For 2010, the Mazda2 quietly receives a mid-cycle facelift to bring it into line with Mazda's new design language.
- For 2010, the UK will get a special edition version of the Mazda2 called the "Tamura Special Edition". It is essentially a TS2 trim model that gets minor styling tweaks such as 16-inch dark grey wheels. Prices start at £10,275 for the three-door and £10,775 for the five-door. 
- For 2010, Mazda of Germany is marketing a 400 unit limited edition model of the Mazda 2 known as the “Fit for Fun”. The car is imbued with a sport package that includes dark headlamps, a front apron, rear wing, painted grille, side skirts and dark grey 16-inch alloy wheels, automatic climate control, Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) with traction control (TCS), onboard computer and rain sensor for the windshield wipers. Available only in Black or White, prices start at €15,800. 
Styles and Major OptionsEdit
- Full bodykit (front and rear spoiler, side skirts)
- 16 inch alloy wheels
- Air conditioning
- 6 disc CD player (MP3 compatible)
- Front, side and curtain airbags
- Anti-lock Brakes
- Electronic Brake Force Distribution
- Brake Assist
Add more fields as necessary.
Add more fields as necessary.
As seen on the FuelEconomy.gov website, the City/Highway MPG averages are as follows:
Engine and TransmissionEdit
Specifications, details, graphs, pictures and other information regarding the powertrain is placed in this section.
Please make sure to write information of the vehicle's performance in a third-person point of view. This section should include information about the car's acceleration figures, handling, braking, etc.
If using information gathered from Road Test articles from a reputable automotive source, then please make sure to cite the quote.
Warranty options and scheduled maintainence information should be mentioned here.
- December of 2007 saw the Mazda2 recieve the highest rating of 5-Stars for adult protection, plus a class-leading 4-Stars for child protection and a competitive 2-Stars for pedestrian protection from the EuroNCAP ADAC-administered crash testing. 
Add Photos of the vehicle here.
Please make sure not to use copyrighted photos.
The car should be offered in Black, Cherry Red, Leaf Green, Silver, Gray, Medium Blue, and Pearl Purple. Mazda is thinking of adding more colors to the line-up. We'll just have to wait and see the other colors!
- Nissan Micra
- Hyundai Getz
- Mitsubishi Colt
- Toyota Yaris
- Honda Fit/Jazz
- Tata Indica
- Hyundai i20
- Chevrolet Aveo
If there are hybrid versions of this vehicle manufactured, then please elaborate a little bit on it here.
This section should include information on the interior's design, build quality, ergonomics, space (head and legroom, front and rear), features, stowage compartments and overall comfortability and livability. Add pictures wherever applicable and keep information in a third-person point of view.
Add more fields as necessary.
|Year X||Year X-2||Year X-3||Year X-4|
Please make sure to keep critiques in a third-person point of view. If using criticisms from a reputable automotive source, then please make sure to cite the quote.
Fill in as many as appropriate. Add more if necessary and pictures wherever applicable.
Please make sure NOT to use copyrighted pictures.
Current Generation: (2007–present)Edit
First Generation/Origins (YYYY–YYYY)Edit
The Mazda2 is sold in a variety of markets including Australia and North America.
Design quirks and odditiesEdit
In the What Women Want survey conducted by the RACV in 2003, the Mazda 2 is the most popular choice for women buying a Mazda.
2009 Carsales Light Car People's Choice Award
Historic: Mazdago · R360 · Familia/323/Protegé · Luce/RX-4 · Sentia · Cosmo · RX-2/Capella · Savanna/RX-3 · Roadpacer · RX-5 · GLC · RX-7 · Demio/121 · MX-6/Mystère · Navajo · Millenia · Revue/121 · 626 · Cronos · Xedos 9 · 929 · MX-3 · REPU · Proceed · Persona · Luce · RX-8 · Tribute
Concept: Ryuga · Nagare · Kabura · Senku · Kusabi · Ibuki · Hakaze · Cosmo 21 · Taiki · Motonari RX Concept · 2018 Mazda3 Concept · Furai Concept · Atenza MAZDASPEED Concept · Kazamai Concept · Kiyora City Car Concept · KAAN Concept · MX-5 Miata Superlight Concept · RX-500 Concept · Shinari Concept · MX-0 Concept · Mazda2 Evil Track Concept · Mazda2 Street Concept · MX-5 Super20 Concept · Mazda3 Redline Time Attack Concept · Mazda3 Turbo Sedan Concept · RX-8 Grand-Am GT Concept · MX-5 Cup Car Concept ·
|Jujiro Matsuda||Corporate website||A brand of the Ford Motor Company|
- Revealed: Mazda2 (Demio) sedan
- 2008 Mazda 2 Sedan in 2007 Guangzhou auto show
- Guangzhou International Auto Show: 2008 Mazda2 Sedan Revealed
- 2008 Mazda2 / Demio Sedan: High-Res Images & Press Release
- Mazda Demio (Mazda2) Red, Green & Blue Versions
- UK Pricing for Mazda2 Three-Door Announced
- 2009 Mazda Demio: JDM Mazda2 Receives Subtle Upgrades
- Mazda Launches Limited Edition Mazda2 with a Sporty Flair
- "Smiley" Facelift for 2010 Mazda2 Supermini?
- Refreshed 2010 Mazda2 Hatchback and New Sedan Variant Heading to Australia
- New Mazda Takuya Special Editions for UK Market
- Paris Show: Mazda2 Facelift Makes Euro Debut