|aka||Type aka here, not up there|
|Production||2009 - present|
|Body Style||5-door, 5-seat Hatchback|
|Length||161 in. (4105 mm)|
|Width||70.3 in. (1,785mm)|
|Height||64 in. (1610 mm)|
|Wheelbase||100.4 in. (2550 mm)|
|Weight||Weight - you get the point|
|Transmission||transmission + drive|
2.0 litre Inline-4
1.6 litre DOHC Inline-4, 16 valve
1.6 litre DOHC Variable Geometry Turbocharger (VGT) Inline-4, 16 valve
|Power||N/A hp @ N/A rpm|
N/A lb-ft of torque @ N/A rpm
The Kia Soul is a compact car built by Kia Motors of South Korea. It was unveiled at the 2008 Paris Motor Show. The Soul uses Kia's new corporate grille, known as the Tiger Nose, as designed by Kia's design chief, Peter Schreyer.
See Autopedia's comprehensive Kia Soul Review.
- 1 Recent Changes
- 2 Styles and Major Options
- 3 Pricing
- 4 Gas Mileage
- 5 Engine and Transmission
- 6 Performance
- 7 Reliability
- 8 Safety
- 9 Photos
- 10 Colors
- 11 Main Competitors
- 12 Hybrid Models
- 13 Unique Attributes
- 14 Interior
- 15 Resale Values
- 16 Criticisms
- 17 Generations
- 18 Current Generation: (2009–present)
- 19 Worldwide
- 20 Design quirks and oddities
- 21 Awards
- 22 See Also
- 23 External Links
- For MY 2011, the UK market gets a special edition Soul called Echo.
- On December 18, 2009, Kia launched the limited edition Soul Ignition. The special edition Soul features an Ignition Orange paintjob offset by black striping and blacked-out 18-inch rims, an alloy gas cap, and a rear spoiler. It also gets further niceties such as upgraded stereo, moon roof, keyless remote entry, tinted windows, cruise control and Bluetooth. Kia hasn't yet announced the intended unit volume but pricing will start at $17,500 for the manual.
Styles and Major Options
- Electronic Stability Control
- Dual front/side/curtain airbags
- Privacy glass
- 18 inch alloy wheels
- Automatic transmission
- External amplifier and subwoofer with mood lamp speakers
Add more fields as necessary.
Add more fields as necessary.
As seen on the FuelEconomy.gov website, the City/Highway MPG averages are as follows:
Engine and Transmission
Specifications, details, graphs, pictures and other information regarding the powertrain is placed in this section.
Please make sure to write information of the vehicle's performance in a third-person point of view. This section should include information about the car's acceleration figures, handling, braking, etc.
If using information gathered from Road Test articles from a reputable automotive source, then please make sure to cite the quote.
- RECALL ALERT: Kia is recalling 23,973 2010 Souls, built from September 7, 2009 through July 30, 2010, for improperly soldered wiring harnesses supplied by JCI and used in the Soul's lighting speaker system. Kia will replace problem free of charge
This section should reference points on safety ratings and features of the vehicle.
Soul Ghost Limited Edition
Soul USTCC Safety Car
Add Photos of the vehicle here.
Please make sure not to use copyrighted photos.
- Green Tea Latte
- Cocktail Orange
- Java Brown
- Tomato Red
- Moonlight Blue
- Black Soul
- Clear White
- Nissan Micra
- Hyundai Getz
- Mitsubishi Colt
- Toyota Yaris
- Honda Fit/Jazz
- Tata Indica
- Hyundai i20
- Chevrolet Aveo
If there are hybrid versions of this vehicle manufactured, then please elaborate a little bit on it here.
This section should include information on the interior's design, build quality, ergonomics, space (head and legroom, front and rear), features, stowage compartments and overall comfortability and livability. Add pictures wherever applicable and keep information in a third-person point of view.
Add more fields as necessary.
|Year X||Year X-2||Year X-3||Year X-4|
Please make sure to keep critiques in a third-person point of view. If using criticisms from a reputable automotive source, then please make sure to cite the quote.
Fill in as many as appropriate. Add more if necessary and pictures wherever applicable.
Please make sure NOT to use copyrighted pictures.
Current Generation: (2009–present)
In Australia, the trim levels are 1,2 and 3. 1 being the base model, 2 being the middle-of-the-range model and 3 being the top-of-the-range model.
Design quirks and oddities
Refer to any pop-culture tidbits about the vehicle in this section.
List out notable awards that the model has recieved while in production. Boldface the company or organization that gives out the award, and Italicize the name of the award.
Concept: KCV-III · KCD-I Slice · Sport · KCV4 Mojave · Soul Concept · Multi-S Crossover · KCD-II · Kue · Cee'd · Pro cee'd · Kia Rondo SX · Ex cee'd Cabrio · KND-4 4x4 · Kee Sports Coupe Concept · Eco cee'd Concept · SOUL Concepts · SOUL Burner Concept · SOUL Diva Concept · SOUL Searcher Concept · Koup Concept · Soul Hybrid Concept · Borrego Limited Concept · SOULster Concept · MPV Concept · №3 Concept · KND-5 Concept · Ray PHEV Concept · Venga EV Concept · POP EV Concept · Sportage Antenna "Work" Concept · Sportage Antenna "Play" Concept · Forte Koup Type R Concept · KV7 Concept
Kia Motors Europe · Doongpung Ywieda Kia · Kia Motors America · Asia Motors, Ltd · Dongfeng Yueda Kia Automobile Company
|Kia||Corporate website||A subsidiary of the Hyundai Motor Company|
- Discover Your Soul - Kia Soul Official Microsite
- 2009 Kia Soul: New Images and Details on Engine Range
- Kia releases new photos and engine lineup for Soul
- 2009 Kia Soul Crossover Re-Revealed, Engine Details Emerge
- Kia Releases First Official Pictures And Info About Soul
- Kia Soul Fully Revealed – Equipped with 126 and 142PS engines
- Kia Soul Hybrid with 48MPG to make World Debut in Paris
- Photos of U.S. production version of Kia Soul leaked
- Leakage: 2010 Kia Soul starting at $13,995
- 2010 Kia Soul
- Kia Soul gets fired up with limited-edition Ignition
- Kia Soul Forum
- Kia Soul Safety Car debuts for USTCC series
- Kia Launches Limited Edition Ghost Soul
- Kia Soul gets yet another UK special edition