|Production||2009 - present|
|Class||Compact car/Small Family Car|
|Body Style||4-door, 5-seat Sedan|
2-door, 4-seat Coupe
|Weight||1326 for the 1.6 automatic gearbox|
|Transmission||5 speed manual gearbox|
4 speed automatic
|Engine||1.6L , 2.0L, 2.4L petrol engines|
|Power||124 hp @ 6300 rpm|
15.9 kg.m of torque @ 4200 rpm/156hp @6200 RPM, 144lb.-ft. @4300 RPM/ 173hp @6000 RPM, 168 lb.-ft. @4000 RPM
|Similar||Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla|
|Designer||Peter Schreyer, Kia Chief Design Officer|
- 1 Recent Changes
- 2 Styles and Major Options
- 3 Pricing
- 4 Gas Mileage
- 5 Engine and Transmission
- 6 Performance
- 7 Reliability
- 8 Safety
- 9 Photos
- 10 Colors
- 11 Main Competitors
- 12 Hybrid Models
- 13 Unique Attributes
- 14 Interior
- 15 Resale Values
- 16 Criticisms
- 17 Generations
- 18 Current Generation: (2010–present)
- 19 Worldwide
- 20 Design quirks and oddities
- 21 Awards
- 22 See Also
- 23 External Links
- In Australia, Kia introduced a special edition Cerato
- A year after the unveiling of the Forte Koup, New York once again played host to the debut of another Forte variant; this time a 5-door hatchback. 
- The 2009 New York Auto Show played host to the unveiling of the Forte Koup, a 2 door coupe of the Forte sedan. 
Styles and Major Options
The two-door coupe "Forte Koup" was originally unveiled as a concept car in the form of the "Kia Koup" on March 20, 2008 at the New York International Auto Show. The concept sported a twin screw turbocharged version of the 2.0-liter Theta II inline-four engine. The production Forte Koup is badged as the "Kia Cerato Koup" in Australasia, is called the "Kia Shuma" in China, and "Kia Koup" in Chile.
The Forte sedan was designed in Kia's California design studio by Tom Kearns and his team. The Forte two-door ("Koup") was previewed as the "Kia Koup" Concept, and was also designed in Kia's California design studio. The Korean model went on sale on August 22, 2008. The US model was unveiled at the 2009 Chicago Auto Show.
The new Forte hatchback five-door debuted at the 2010 New York International Auto Show 2010.
For trim levels for the Kia Cerato, go to Trim levels for the Kia Cerato.
Add more fields as necessary.
Add more fields as necessary.
As seen on the FuelEconomy.gov website, the City/Highway MPG averages are as follows:
Engine and Transmission
Specifications, details, graphs, pictures and other information regarding the powertrain is placed in this section.
From Road & Track Road Test Update of Forte Koup SX
- 0-60 mph: 6.9 sec
- 0-100 mph: 18.9 sec
- 1/4 mile: 15.4 sec@ 92.3 mph
- Top speed: 130 mph (electronically limited)
- Braking, 60-0 mph: 125 ft.
- Braking, 80-0 mph: 220 ft.
- Lateral accel.(200 ft. skidpad): 0.89 g
- Speed through 700ft. slalom: 67.2 mph
- From Car and Driver Short Take Road Test: Forte Koup SX
- Zero to 60 mph: 7.1 sec
- Zero to 100 mph: 20.3 sec
- Zero to 120 mph: 32.7 sec
- Street start, 5–60 mph: 7.8 sec
- Standing ¼-mile: 15.7 sec @ 91 mph
- Top speed (governor limited): 132 mph
- Braking, 70–0 mph: 171 ft
- Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.89 g
Warranty options and scheduled maintainance information should be mentioned here.
This section should reference points on safety ratings and features of the vehicle.
Add Photos of the vehicle here.
Please make sure not to use copyrighted photos.
Clear White, Bright Silver metallic, Bronze metallic, Titanium metallic, Copperhead metallic, Spicy Red metallic, Corsa Blue metallic, Dark Cherry metallic, Ebony Black, Racing Red
In South Korea, the Kia Forte is available as a hybrid model dubbed the Forte LPI Hybrid. The green car utilizes a 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine fueled by liquefied petroleum gas (propane) and mated to a 20 hp electric motor sandwiched between the engine and transmission which runs on lithium polymer battery developed by LG Chem and regenerative braking.
In Australia where the Forte is sold as a Cerato, it produces the most power at 115 kW, has features such as 6 airbags, USB with iPod compatibility, 6 speakers and a warranty of 5 years with unlimited kilometres. It also has a 4 and a half star Green vehicle guide score than all of its competition.
This section should include information on the interior's design, build quality, ergonomics, space (head and legroom, front and rear), features, stowage compartments and overall comfortability and livability. Add pictures wherever applicable and keep information in a third-person point of view.
Add more fields as necessary.
|Year X||Year X-2||Year X-3||Year X-4|
Please make sure to keep critiques in a third-person point of view. If using criticisms from a reputable automotive source, then please make sure to cite the quote.
Fill in as many as appropriate. Add more if necessary and pictures wherever applicable.
Please make sure NOT to use copyrighted pictures.
Current Generation: (2010–present)
Fortes sold in Europe and Australia are called a Cerato for their market.
The base model Cerato S for the Australian Domestic Market is $18,990 AUD. The Si costs $19,990 AUD and the top-of-the-range SLi costs $24,390 AUD. Automatics are $2,000 AUD extra and are all driveaway prices.
Design quirks and oddities
Refer to any pop-culture tidbits about the vehicle in this section.
List out notable awards that the model has recieved while in production. Boldface the company or organization that gives out the award, and Italicize the name of the award.
Concept: KCV-III · KCD-I Slice · Sport · KCV4 Mojave · Soul Concept · Multi-S Crossover · KCD-II · Kue · Cee'd · Pro cee'd · Kia Rondo SX · Ex cee'd Cabrio · KND-4 4x4 · Kee Sports Coupe Concept · Eco cee'd Concept · SOUL Concepts · SOUL Burner Concept · SOUL Diva Concept · SOUL Searcher Concept · Koup Concept · Soul Hybrid Concept · Borrego Limited Concept · SOULster Concept · MPV Concept · №3 Concept · KND-5 Concept · Ray PHEV Concept · Venga EV Concept · POP EV Concept · Sportage Antenna "Work" Concept · Sportage Antenna "Play" Concept · Forte Koup Type R Concept · KV7 Concept
Kia Motors Europe · Doongpung Ywieda Kia · Kia Motors America · Asia Motors, Ltd · Dongfeng Yueda Kia Automobile Company
|Kia||Corporate website||A subsidiary of the Hyundai Motor Company|
- 2009 Kia Forte Sedan Official Images
- Stunning Kia Forte revealed!
- 2009 Kia Forte Sheet Metal Meets Web, Web Likey
- Tons of Kia Forte pics hit the web
- 2009 Kia Forte: The Car Of The Futurist?
- New Kia Forte: 28 High-Res Photos and Official Brochure
- Video: Kia Forte’s Design Explained by Peter Schreyer
- Kia introduces production Forte LPI Hybrid in South Korea
- New York: Kia goes 2-door, debuts Forte Koup
- 2010 Kia Forte Koup makes Global Debut in NY: 60-High Res Photos
- 2010 Kia Forte Koup World Premiere in New York - Production Ready
- Canadian Kia customers get new dealer-installed Forte Koup "R" performance package
- New York 2010: Kia adds five-door hatch to Forte lineup
- Kia Debuts Forte Five-Door Hatchback in New York