|General Motors Insignia|
|Vauxhall and Opel|
|aka||Buick Regal (China, US)
Holden Insignia (Australia)
|Class||Mid-Size Sedan, D segment Saloon, Hatch and Estate|
|Body Style||5dr five seat Hatch, 4dr 5 seat Saloon, 5dr 5 seat Estate, 5dr 5 seat SUV style Estate|
|Length||length - type here|
|Width||Width - type here|
|Height||Height - type here|
|Wheelbase||wheelbase - type here|
|Weight||Weight - you get the point|
|Transmission||transmission + drive|
|Power||N/A hp @ N/A rpm|
N/A lb-ft of torque @ N/A rpm
|Designer||Designer (lead designer if it was a team effort)|
The Opel/Vauxhall Insignia came out in 2008 as a replacement for the dull, ageing Vectra, it made its debut at the 2008 British International Motor Show on the 23rd July. The Insignia was also used to preview a new logo for Vauxhall, since its previous logo had been around since 1994.
Please include the following line at the bottom of this section. Please replace <MODEL> Review with the proper text:
See Autopedia's comprehensive <MODEL> Review.
- 1 Recent Changes
- 2 Styles and Major Options
- 3 Pricing
- 4 Gas Mileage
- 5 Engine and Transmission
- 6 Performance
- 7 Reliability
- 8 Safety
- 9 Photos
- 10 Colors
- 11 Main Competitors
- 12 Hybrid Models
- 13 Unique Attributes
- 14 Interior
- 15 Resale Values
- 16 Criticisms
- 17 MkI: (2009–2017)
- 18 Worldwide
- 19 Design quirks and oddities
- 20 Awards
- 21 MkII Insignia (Grand Sport)
- 22 See Also
- 23 External Links
- On May 20th 2009, Opel and Vauxhall followed up the Insignia OPC and VXR by unveiling the Insignia OPC and VXR Sports Tourer, the estate version of the hot Insignia. 
- On Apr 15th 2009, General Motors' European arm unveiled the 325 hp Opel Insignia OPC & Vauxhall Insignia VXR on the internet. 
Opel Insignia OPC
Vauxhall Insignia VXR
- A couple of months after the Insignia sedan was officially revealed, the station wagon variant, the Insignia Sports Tourer made its official Internet debut. However, it won't make its "live" in-the-flesh coming out party until the 2008 Paris Motor Show in early October. 
Styles and Major Options
Certain vehicles come in different trim levels or body styles. Features and major options should be mentioned here.
Add more fields as necessary.
Add more fields as necessary.
As seen on the FuelEconomy.gov website, the City/Highway MPG averages are as follows:
Engine and Transmission
Specifications, details, graphs, pictures and other information regarding the powertrain is placed in this section.
Please make sure to write information of the vehicle's performance in a third-person point of view. This section should include information about the car's acceleration figures, handling, braking, etc.
If using information gathered from Road Test articles from a reputable automotive source, then please make sure to cite the quote.
Warranty options and scheduled maintainence information should be mentioned here.
This section should reference points on safety ratings and features of the vehicle.
Add Photos of the vehicle here.
Please make sure not to use copyrighted photos.
List the colors that the particular <MODEL> is offered in.
Create links to other <MAKE> <MODEL> pages in this section.
If there are hybrid versions of this vehicle manufactured, then please elaborate a little bit on it here.
This section should include information on the interior's design, build quality, ergonomics, space (head and legroom, front and rear), features, stowage compartments and overall comfortability and livability. Add pictures wherever applicable and keep information in a third-person point of view.
Add more fields as necessary.
|Year X||Year X-2||Year X-3||Year X-4|
Please make sure to keep critiques in a third-person point of view. If using criticisms from a reputable automotive source, then please make sure to cite the quote.
If the vehicle is sold in other markets worldwide, then this is the section to mention that information. Also, mention if the <MODEL> goes by another name in these other markets.
Design quirks and oddities
Refer to any pop-culture tidbits about the vehicle in this section.
List out notable awards that the model has recieved while in production. Boldface the company or organization that gives out the award, and Italicize the name of the award.
MkII Insignia (Grand Sport)
|image (between 170-190 pixels)|
Concept: · ·
Include notable internal links here
|Alexander Wilson||Corporate website||A division of General Motors|
Historic: Admiral · Ascona · Blitz · Calibra · Campo · Commodore · Diplomat · Frontera · GT · Kadett · Kapitän · Manta · Monterey · Monza · Olympia · Omega · Rekord · Senator · Super Six · GT · Signum · Sintra · Speedster · Tigra · Vectra
Concept: Aero GT · Antara GTC · CD · Diesel Rekordwagen · Eco Speedster · Frogster · Frua Diplomat · G90 · GT 2 · Insignia · Maxx · OPC X-Treme · Snowtrekker · Trixx · Gran Turismo · GT/W "Genève" · Corsa Spider · Twin · Signum Concept · Concept A · Concept M · GTC Geneve · E-Flex · Corsa Hybrid Concept · Flextreme Concept · Vivaro VPC Concept · Meriva Concept · Flexitreme GTE Concept · GTC Paris Concept · Vivaro e-Concept
|Adam Opel||Corporate website||A division of General Motors|
- Opel Insignia Teaser Video
- Opel (Vauxhall) Vectra replacement to be called Insignia
- Official: 2008 Opel Vectra Successor To Be Named Insignia
- Opel Insignia to Debut at British Motor Show
- Opel Releases New Insignia Teaser Shots Along With Details on the Headlights
- 2008 Opel Insignia Teaser Revealed
- Opel releases 2009 Insignia teaser
- 2009 Opel Insignia: Engine Range To Include 1.6 and 2.0 Turbo Units
- Opel Insignia Officially Unveiled!
- 2009 Opel Insignia: Image Gallery Update
- Opel Insignia Hatchback: First Official Images
- New Opel Insignia Drops in on London – Literally…
- Vauxhall Insignia in Detail
- Insignia Sports Tourer wagon revealed before Paris Motor Show
- Opel Insignia Sports Tourer Heading for Paris Show
- 2009 Vauxhall, Opel Insignia Sports Tourer Revealed
- Opel Insignia ecoFLEX with 160HP 2.0-liter Diesel
- Saturn will get only sedan version of Opel Insignia to replace Aura
- Vauxhall Launches Styling and Lifestyle Accessories for Insignia
- Opel and Vauxhall reveal 325-horsepower Insignia OPC/VXR
- New Vauxhall Insignia ecoFLEX with 160HP and 54.7mpg UK
- GM Launches Police-Specification Insignia with up to 260HP
- Opel Insignia OPC Sports Tourer: High-Res Gallery and Details on 325HP Estate
- Tongue-Waggin' Wagon: Vauxhall Insignia VXR Sports Tourer unveiled
- Opel Insignia OPC Sports Tourer Breaks Cover
- German Police Recruits Opel Insignia Sports Tourer