|Fiat Nuova 500|
|Production||2007 - present|
|Body Style||2-door, 4-seat hatchback|
|Transmission|| 5-speed Manual|
6-speed Manual, FWD
|Engine|| 0.9 litre (875 cc) turbocharged TwinAir Inline-2|
1.2 litre Inline-4
1.4 litre Inline-4, 16 valves
|Power|| 85 hp @ N/A rpm|
107 lb-ft. of torque @ 1900 rpm
98 hp @ N/A rpm
97 lb-ft of torque @ N/A rpm
110 hp @ N/A rpm
N/A lb-ft of torque @ N/A rpm
|Similar|| Mini Cooper |
See Autopedia's comprehensive Fiat Nuova 500 Review.
- On September 09, 2009, Fiat and Abarth unveiled the limited edition Abarth 695 Tributo Ferrari. The Prancing Horse tribute features performance upgrades from Abarth including a tuned 1.4-liter turbocharged T-Jet 16v four pot developing "over 180 horsepower" and mated to an MTA (Manual Transmission Automated) electromechanical gearbox with race-inspired paddle gearshift that drives the front-wheels. It also gets performance tires that are fitted on 17-inch alloy wheels in a dark finish featuring a Ferrari inspired design, 284mm multi-section Brembo discs with four-piston calipers and a sportier suspension set up with new shock absorbers, "Record Monza" variable back-pressure dual mode exhaust designed to improve engine performance and deliver a more sonorous note over 3,000 rpm. Aesthetically, the 695 Tributo is distinguished by F430 Scuderia inspired red livery with carbon fibre door mirrors and racing stripes, wheels and rear air intakes in 'Racing Grey'. Inside, ultra-lightweight Sabelt bucket sport seats replace the standard seats, shedding 10 kg (22 lb) in the process, and finished in black leather. The steering wheel is also finished in black leather with red inserts and a tricolour hub. The new instrument panel features dials made by Ferrari's dial-maker Jaeger.
- Fiat has created another special edition 500 in conjunction with Diesel clothing and unveiled at the 2008 Paris Motor Show, called the 500 "Diesel".
- For 2009, Fiat has unveiled a 200 unit limited edition variant of the 500 called the 500 Ferrari Edition. As the name implies, the 500s will be given the "Ferrari Makeover" treatment including "Ferrari Red" paint, premium sound system, electric sunroof, automatic climate control, fog lights, Poltrona Frau leather interior, black steering wheel with red stitching, dash-mounted numbered plate, sporty aluminum pedals and 16-inch aluminum wheels w/ red brake calipers. The engine bay remains untouched, however, the exhaust has been tuned to make a growlier note. Unfortunately, you will never be able to buy one as it will only be available to Ferrari's European sales network as a courtesy "loaner" in case your prancing horse thoroughbred is in need of mending. 
- For 2009, Fiat unveiled a hi-po version of their hit minicar dubbed the Fiat 500 Abarth. The car features new aggressive bodywork and a turbocharged version of Fiat's 1.4 litre Fire 16v Petrol engine producing 135 bhp (100kW) at 5,500 rpm and peak torque of 152 lb-ft (206Nm) at 3,000 rpm in ‘Sport’ mode. In normal mode the car produces only 133 pound feet of torque at 2,500 rpm. The icing on the cake is Fiat's new Torque Transfer Control, a system that allows the car to hug corners rather lose control from the torque steer.
Styles and Major OptionsEdit
Certain vehicles come in different trim levels or body styles. Features and major options should be mentioned here.
Add more fields as necessary.
Add more fields as necessary.
As seen on the FuelEconomy.gov website, the City/Highway MPG averages are as follows:
|0.9 Petrol||1.4 Petrol||1.3 Diesel||Trim4|
Engine and TransmissionEdit
Specifications, details, graphs, pictures and other information regarding the powertrain is placed in this section.
Please make sure to write information of the vehicle's performance in a third-person point of view. This section should include information about the car's acceleration figures, handling, braking, etc.
If using information gathered from Road Test articles from a reputable automotive source, then please make sure to cite the quote.
Warranty options and scheduled maintainence information should be mentioned here.
The Nuova 500 has recently received an overall EuroNCAP score of 35 points, good for a five-star crash safety rating. The 500 boasts two dual stage front airbags, two front side airbags, two window-bags and a driver's knee airbag, all as standard equipment. It also has active safety systems included such as ABS, ESP and EBD. 
Add Photos of the vehicle here.
Please make sure not to use copyrighted photos.
List the colors that the particular <MODEL> is offered in.
Create links to other <MAKE> <MODEL> pages in this section.
The 500 is going hybrid. Auto Express has learned that the in-demand Fiat will soon become even more appealing – with a petrol-electric engine that offers incredible fuel economy and super-low CO2 emissions.
It will be based on the company’s forthcoming 900cc two-cylinder unit – which will debut at July’s Goodwood Festival of Speed in West Sussex. The engine is mated to a motor and a battery pack, and will allow small cars like the 500 to run solely on electricity for short distances. Add a stop-start system and VW DSG-style twin-clutch gearbox, and it promises reduced CO2 emissions – engineers estimate a figure of below 90g/km!
That would help Fiat comply with the European Commission’s plans to impose an average 120g/km limit on the model ranges of all firms selling cars across the continent by 2012.
No details have been revealed on the engine’s output, but it’s likely to come in two forms, as previewed by the Panda Aria concept at last september’s Frankfurt Motor Show.
That car debuted the 900cc twin alongside a 105bhp turbo version, and Fiat also has plans for a normally aspirated 65bhp variant. The hybrid 500 is likely to benefit from other green technologies seen on the Aria, which include low-rolling-resistance tyres. The featherweight two-cylinder engine is 20 per cent lighter than a four-cylinder motor, so owners could expect 80mpg-plus fuel economy.
Alfredo Altavilla, boss of powertrain technologies at Fiat, told Auto Express the hybrid drivetrain should go into production in three years’ time. It would feature across Fiat’s small car range, making appearances in the Panda and Grande Punto.
And while the first petrol-electric cars may not be seen in showrooms until 2011, the all-new two-cylinder petrol engine will be available in the 500 before the end of the year.
According to the Which? Car Owner's Satisfaction poll, the 500 is dubbed the sexiest car on the road.
This section should include information on the interior's design, build quality, ergonomics, space (head and legroom, front and rear), features, stowage compartments and overall comfortability and livability. Add pictures wherever applicable and keep information in a third-person point of view.
Add more fields as necessary.
|Year X||Year X-2||Year X-3||Year X-4|
Please make sure to keep critiques in a third-person point of view. If using criticisms from a reputable automotive source, then please make sure to cite the quote.
Fill in as many as appropriate. Add more if necessary and pictures wherever applicable.
Please make sure NOT to use copyrighted pictures.
Current Generation: (2008–present)Edit
First Generation/Origins (YYYY–YYYY)Edit
- see Fiat 500 for more details
If the vehicle is sold in other markets worldwide, then this is the section to mention that information. Also, mention if the <MODEL> goes by another name in these other markets.
Design quirks and odditiesEdit
Refer to any pop-culture tidbits about the vehicle in this section.
- 2008 European Car of the Year
- 2007 Most Beautiful City car/Small car in the World
|image (between 170-190 pixels)|
Land Speed Record (LSR)
|Carlo Abarth||Corporate website||A brand of the Fiat group|
News $ References
- Fiat finally presents the new 500 Motor Authority
- Fiat previews 500 a day early Autoblog
- Cinquento Nuovo! New Fiat 500 Pics Arrive Jalopnik
- Castagna Cinquino, aka another Fiat 500 with a kooky interior
- 2009 Fiat 500 Abarth – Official Images!
- Exclusive: Fiat 500 Abarth Opening Edition with 160Hp plus 42 High-Res Images
- Fiat 500 Special Edition “DIESEL”
- Fiat 500 by DIESEL on sale in Europe
- Paris Preview: Fiat Abarth 500 esse esse revealed
- Fiat 500 PUR-O2 Debut in Paris
- Fiat 500 F1 Limited Edition
- Fiat creates special edition Fiat 500 Lupin III
- Fiat 500C unveiled ahead of Geneva
- Fiat Releases New Photos of 500C Convertible
- Barbie turns 50, Fiat 500 turns pink and Nena rocks the hizzy
- Pics Aplenty +Video: Fiat 500 Cabrio introduced at global sales milestone
- Fiat Unleashes 500-Based Abarth 695 Tributo Ferrari: Limited Edition Sport Model with Over 180HP
- Pinked Out Special Edition Fiat 500 Launched, Barbie Fans Celebrate
- New Abarth 500C: Performance Version of the Fiat 500 Convertible Heading to Geneva
- Geneva Preview: Abarth 500C and Punto Evo are pocket rockets we'd welcome
- Fiat 500 Convertible Receives the Diesel Styling Treatment
- Fiat Unleashes Huge Photo Gallery of Abarth 500C Convertible
- Slick Little Number: Pogea Racing develops Fiat 500 Ferrari Dealers Edition with 264 HP
- First U.S.-market Fiat 500 Prima Edizione reserved for Fiat fans
- New Special Edition Fiat 500 Blackjack with Matte Finish