|Bentley Continental GT|
|Class||Entry-level Ultra-Luxury Grand Tourer|
|Body Style||2-door, 4-seat Coupe|
2-door, 4-seat Convertible
|Length||4803 mm (189.1)|
|Width||1915 mm (75.4 in)|
|Height||1390 mm (54.7 in)|
|Wheelbase||2745 mm (108.1 in)|
|Weight||2350 kg (5180 lbs)|
|Transmission||ZF 6HP26 6-Speed Auto, AWD|
|Engine||4.0 litre V8|
6.0 litre twin turbocharged W12 engine
|Power||567 hp (423 kW / 575 PS) @ 6100 rpm |
516 lb-ft (699 Nm) of torque @ 1600 rpm
600 hp @ 6000 rpm
553 lb-ft. of torque @ 1750 rpm
621 hp @ N/A rpm
590 lb-ft. of torque @ N/A rpm
|Designer||Dirk van Braeckel|
- 1 Recent Changes
- 2 Styles and Major Options
- 3 Pricing
- 4 Gas Mileage
- 5 Reliability
- 6 Safety
- 7 Photos
- 8 Colors
- 9 Main Competitors
- 10 Hybrid Models
- 11 Unique Attributes
- 12 Interior
- 13 Resale Values
- 14 Criticisms
- 15 Variants
- 16 Continental Flying Spur
- 17 Continental GTC
- 18 Worldwide
- 19 Design quirks and oddities
- 20 Awards
- 21 See Also
- 22 External Links
- A special edition "Continental GT Supersports Ice Record Edition" was unveiled at the 2011 Geneva Motor Show.
- For 2011, the aging Continental GT gets a mid-cycle facelift as well as the introduction of the a 4.0 litre V8.
- At the 2010 Beijing Motor Show, Bentley launched a China market only limited edition model called Continental GT Design Series China. 
- At the 2010 Geneva Motor Show, Bentley followed up its first foray into eco-friendly grand touring with the Continental Supersports Convertible; essentially a Supersport-ed GTC. It carries over the Coupe's 621 horsepower and 590 pound-feet of torque twin-turbocharged 6.0-liter E85-chugging W12 with all the power channeled to all four wheels through a strengthened ZF 6HP26 transmission with a 'Quickshift' system that reduces shift times by 50%. This allows he droptop to launch to 60mph in 3.9 seconds (0-100km/h in 4.2 seconds), to 100mph in 9.6 seconds (0-160km/h in 9.5 seconds) and reaches a top speed of 202mph or 325km/h. 
- At the 2009 Geneva Motor Show, Bentley unveiled "eco-friendly" Continental Supersports. Based on the Continental GT, the Supersports puts the kibosh on eco-mentalists with an E85-capable version of their W12 engine producing 621 hp (Bentley's highest output yet) and a prodigious 590 pound-feet of torque. That translates to a very green 0-60 mph sprint of 3.7 seconds. To bolster its eco-conscious intent, the engine is fitted with sensors to monitor how much gasoline and/or ethanol is being used. It's also 110 lb lighter than the standard GT , omitting 2 seats, and features Bentley's new Quickshift, which halves gear change times. This car should bring Bentley back to shopping list of Hollywood's A-list who have had to make do with the Prius to be fashionably green. 
- For the Summer of 2007, Bentley has unveiled a facelifted version of the Continental GT as well as a higher performing version called GT Speed. The GT Speed develops 600bhp (441kW) and 750Nm (553ft-lb) of torque out of the 6.0 litre W12 mill, reducing 0-60mph time to just 4.3 seconds (0-100km/h in 4.5s) with a top speed of 202mph (326km/h).
- 2009 sees the introduction of the drop top GTC Speed. The new car is essentially the same in concept as the 600 hp GT Speed but without a roof. It allows owners to enjoy top down motoring at speeds of up to 200mph (322 km/h).
Styles and Major Options
Certain vehicles come in different trim levels or body styles. Features and major options should be mentioned here.
Add more fields as necessary.
|Continental GT||Continental GTC||Trim3||Trim4|
Add more fields as necessary.
As seen on the FuelEconomy.gov website, the City/Highway MPG averages are as follows:
|Continental GT||Continental GTC||Continental GT Speed||Continental GTC Speed|
- RECALL ALERT: On March 7, 2008, Bentley announced a recall affecting 4 MY 2004 - 2006 Continental GTs & Continental Flying Spurs due to the passenger airbag replacement trimmed covers have been manufactured with tethers of an incorrect length. In the event of a crash, this could result in damage to the airbag itself during deployment increasing the risk of injuries. Bentley dealers will replace the passenger's airbag cover free of charge. 
- RECALL ALERT: On June 4, 2008, Bentley announced a recall affecting 13,000 Bentley Continental GT, GT Speed, Flying Spur, and GTCs produced between 2004-2008 due to a defective fuel filter housing which can be eaten through by road salt, allowing fuel spray, and potentially engine fire. 
This section should reference points on safety ratings and features of the vehicle.
Add Photos of the vehicle here.
Please make sure not to use copyrighted photos.
List the colors that the particular <MODEL> is offered in.
Create links to other <MAKE> <MODEL> pages in this section.
If there are hybrid versions of this vehicle manufactured, then please elaborate a little bit on it here.
The Continental GT has a 6 L W12 engine with twin turbochargers which develops 552 hp (411 kW) at 6100 RPM and 479 lb-ft (650 N-m) at 1600 RPM. Never before had a 12 cylinder engine been employed on a Bentley car. Acceleration from 0-60 mph takes 4.7 seconds (0 to 100 km/h in 4.8 s), the top speed is 198 mph (312 km/h). It has all-wheel drive, the first Bentley to do so, and a six speed automatic transmission with steering wheel mounted gearshift paddles for instant override. The engine and air suspension are manufactured by Bentley, but are loosely based on owner Volkswagen's flagship car the Phaeton.
The Continental GT features the largest brake disc on any production car at 405 mm (16 in) in front. The rear disc measures 335 mm (13 in).
This section should include information on the interior's design, build quality, ergonomics, space (head and legroom, front and rear), features, stowage compartments and overall comfort and livability. Add pictures wherever applicable and keep information in a third-person point of view.
Add more fields as necessary.
|Year X||Year X-2||Year X-3||Year X-4|
While praised for its handling, power and refinement, the Continental GT was recently criticized in the Dupont Registry's Exotic Car Buyers Guide 2008 as being "nose heavy", making it "cumbersome on tight roads", and for being more of a two-seater than the 2+2 it is marketed as.
Fill in as many as appropriate. Add more if necessary and pictures wherever applicable.
Please make sure NOT to use copyrighted pictures.
Third generation (2018-Present)
|Bentley Continental GT|
|Body Style||2-door 2+2 fastback
2-door 2+2 convertible
|Length||4,850 mm (190.9 in)|
|Width||1,966 mm (77.4 in)|
|Height||1,405 mm (55.3 in)|
|Wheelbase||2,851 mm (112.2 in)|
|Weight||2,244 kg (4,947 lb)|
|Engine||6.0 L W12 twin-turbo|
|Similar||Porsche Panamera (971)|
Continental Flying Spur
- Main article: Bentley Continental Flying Spur (2005)
The four-door Continental Flying Spur saloon was shown at the 2005 Geneva Motor Show in March. The Flying Spur utilizes the Volkswagen D platform, and will be available in the United States in the summer of 2005 for around US$175,000. Together they will take Bentley production from around 1000 units in 2003 to nearly 9000 units in 2006.
One notable aspect of the Continental Flying Spur is its grille. Although it looks like a traditional chromed brass mesh, it is actually made of plastic. This was done to add pedestrian safety to the car — it is designed to break apart on impact to soften the blow. However, it will not meet the forthcoming European Union pedestrian safety regulations.
The convertible version of the Continental GT, the Continental GTC, was presented in September 2005, and will be available by the autumn of 2006. With the second generation Azure, it is the second convertible by Bentley presented in 2005.
If the vehicle is sold in other markets worldwide, then this is the section to mention that information. Also, mention if the <MODEL> goes by another name in these other markets.
Design quirks and oddities
- The GT apppears in the 2005 remake of The Longest Yard with Adam Sandler, featuring the Bentley in the co-starring role held by the Citroën SM in the 1974 Burt Reynolds original. This time, rather than escaping from the police, the protagonist crashes into them.
- The 2006 film Miami Vice also has a Bentley GT.
2010 Top Gear Grand Tourer Of The Year
Specials/One Offs: State Limousine · Dominator · Buccaneer · Val D'Iser · B2 · B3 · Silverstone · Camelot · Phoenix · Imperial · Rapier · Spectre · Grand Prix · Monte Carlo · Pegasus · Sports EST · Mark VI by Pininfarina · Empress II by Hooper · Java Estate · R-Type Continental Abbott Coupe · Touring Flying Star
Racing Vehicles: Speed 8
|W.O. Bentley||Corporate website||A subsidiary of the Volkswagen Group|
- Bentley Continental GT Official Website
- Bentley Continental Flying Spur Official Website
- Bentley Continental GTC Official Website
- 2003 Bentley Continental GT Diamond Series
- Bentley’s facelifted Continental GT and new GT Speed
- 2008 Bentley Continental GT Speed Gallery
- Geneva Preview: Bentley goes green - really fast - with the Continental Supersports
- Bentley Continental Supersports with 630hp Breaks Cover
- Continental Supersports: Bentley’s fastest and most powerful production car ever
- Mansory Bentley Continental GT Speed Vitesse Rose
- Bentley Continental Supersports to Cost $273,295
- Bentley Continental GT and GTC Series 51 Revealed in Frankfurt
- Coachbuilder Carrozzeria Touring Superleggera to launch Bentley Continental shooting brake in Geneva
- New Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible: Fastest Four-Seater Cabrio in the World
- Geneva Preview: 2011 Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible
- Continentals for the Mainland: Special edition Bentleys previewed for Beijing show
- Bentley to launch new variants every 18 months
- Bentley Shows Off Limited Edition Continental GTC and GTC Speed 80-11 at Pebble Beach
- Bentley Video Teases 2011 Continental GT Coupe Facelift, to be Revealed on September 7
- Paris Preshow: 2011 Bentley Continental GT Facelift Revealed, gains 4.0-liter V8 Engine
- 2011 Bentley Continental GT officially revealed
- Video: 2011 Bentley Continental GT out on the road
- Bentley Releases Pricing for 2011 Continental GT before Paris Debut
- Bentley Releases New Photo Gallery of 2011 Continental GT Facelift
|This page uses some content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Bentley Continental GT. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Autopedia, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|