|Aston Martin Rapide|
|aka||Aston Martin Rapide Concept|
|Production||2010 - present|
|Class||four door supercar|
|Body Style||5-door, 4-seat Fastback Hatchback|
|Length||197.6 in (5019 mm)|
|Width||84.3 in (2140 mm, w/ mirrors)|
|Height||53.5 in (1360 mm)|
|Wheelbase||wheelbase - type here|
|Weight||4299 lb (1950 kg)|
|Transmission||6-speed Touchtronic 2 Manu-matic, RWD|
|Engine||6.0 litre (5935cc) V12, 48 valve|
|Power||470 hp (358 kW/487 PS) @ 6000 rpm|
443 lb-ft (600 Nm) of torque @ 5000 rpm
Bentley Continental Flying Spur
BMW Gran Turismo
|Designer||Designer (lead designer if it was a team effort)|
The Aston Martin Rapide is a four-door, high-performance sport sedan, which British luxury marque Aston Martin plans to introduce in late 2009 to compete with the Maserati Quattroporte and Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class, along with the upcoming Audi A7, Lamborghini Estoque, Porsche Panamera and BMW Gran Turismo. It was first presented as a concept car at the North American International Auto Show in 2006 and will be produced on the AM VH platform. The Rapide name is a reference to the Lagonda Rapide, a sedan produced by Lagonda, now part of Aston Martin. The car is based on an Aston Martin DB9.
Aston Martin has announced that the Rapide will be built at a dedicated plant at the Magna Steyr facility in Graz, Austria. Production will start in 2009. One new feature that may appear on the production version is a full-length glass roof.
See Autopedia's comprehensive Aston Martin Rapide Review.
- 1 Recent Changes
- 2 Styles and Major Options
- 3 Pricing
- 4 Gas Mileage
- 5 Engine and Transmission
- 6 Performance
- 7 Reliability
- 8 Safety
- 9 Photos
- 10 Colors
- 11 Main Competitors
- 12 Hybrid Models
- 13 Unique Attributes
- 14 Interior
- 15 Resale Values
- 16 Criticisms
- 17 Generations
- 18 Current Generation: (YYYY–present)
- 19 Worldwide
- 20 Design quirks and oddities
- 21 Awards
- 22 See also
- 23 External links
- As if the Rapide wasn't sumptuous or luxurious enough, Aston Martin goes one further with the Rapide Luxe Special Edition. Customers can choose from a range of colors including Concours Blue and Quantum Silver. The car rides on 20-inch alloys, just like the standard Rapide, but the wheels wrapped around in Bridgestone Potenza's feature a different, 20-spoke design with a polished finish. Inside, the grain leather that covers almost everything can also be specified in colors from the Fast Track or Contemporary range, matching it to the exterior tones or even creating an interesting contrast. Other visual improvements include unique Rapide Luxe sill plates, main control switches with glass face and a secondary glass key. Ventilated front and rear seats come as standard, alongside the Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE) system that features two 6.5-inch LCD screens, integrated into the back of front seat headrests and "optimally positioned at eye level". The six-piece luggage set, made from the finest leather, can be ordered in the same Fast Track or Contemporary range of colors and consists of a small, two medium and a large hold-all, a beauty case and a garment bag. For details on pricing, buyers will have to contact their local Aston Martin dealer.
Styles and Major Options
Certain vehicles come in different trim levels or body styles. Features and major options should be mentioned here.
Add more fields as necessary.
Add more fields as necessary.
As seen on the FuelEconomy.gov website, the City/Highway MPG averages are as follows:
Engine and Transmission
Specifications, details, graphs, pictures and other information regarding the powertrain is placed in this section.
Please make sure to write information of the vehicle's performance in a third-person point of view. This section should include information about the car's acceleration figures, handling, braking, etc.
If using information gathered from Road Test articles from a reputable automotive source, then please make sure to cite the quote.
Warranty options and scheduled maintenance information should be mentioned here.
This section should reference points on safety ratings and features of the vehicle.
Rapide in Hardly Green
Rapide in Silver Blonde
Rapide in Quantum Silver
Rapide in Magma Red
Add Photos of the vehicle here.
Please make sure not to use copyrighted photos.
- Hardly Green
- Quantum Silver
- Silver Blonde
- Magma Red
Create links to other <MAKE> <MODEL> pages in this section.
If there are hybrid versions of this vehicle manufactured, then please elaborate a little bit on it here.
This section should include information on the interior's design, build quality, ergonomics, space (head and legroom, front and rear), features, stowage compartments and overall comfortability and livability. Add pictures wherever applicable and keep information in a third-person point of view.
Add more fields as necessary.
|Year X||Year X-2||Year X-3||Year X-4|
Please make sure to keep critiques in a third-person point of view. If using criticisms from a reputable automotive source, then please make sure to cite the quote.
Fill in as many as appropriate. Add more if necessary and pictures wherever applicable.
Please make sure NOT to use copyrighted pictures.
Current Generation: (YYYY–present)
Fifth generation (YYYY–YYYY)
Fourth generation (YYYY–YYYY)
Third generation (YYYY–YYYY)
Second generation (YYYY–YYYY)
First Generation/Origins (YYYY–YYYY)
If the vehicle is sold in other markets worldwide, then this is the section to mention that information. Also, mention if the <MODEL> goes by another name in these other markets.
Design quirks and oddities
- The Rapide is featured in Forza Motorsport 3 and Forza Motorsport 4.
List out notable awards that the model has received while in production. Boldface the company or organization that gives out the award, and Italicize the name of the award.
Racing/Competition: DB3 · DBSS · DBR1 · DBR2 · DBR3 · DBR4 · DBR5 · DP212 · DP214 · DP215 · Nimrod · AMR1 · DBR9 · DBRS9 · Rally GT · Vantage GT2 · Vantage GT4 · LeMans Works LMP1 · Rapide 24h Nurburgring
|Lionel Martin and Robert Bamford||Corporate website||A brand of Prodrive Ltd.|
News & References
- Aston Martin Rapide details and images
- Test Drive With Photos
- Aston Martin Rapide photos
- Aston Martin Rapide: Hot Rear Action
- First Official Aston Martin Rapide “Image” Leaks
- Spy shots: Undisguised Aston Martin Rapide
- Aston Martin Rapide nears production, first official image released
- New images and details emerge for Aston Martin Rapide
- Aston Martin Rapide Production Version Officially Revealed in Detail at Frankfurt
- 2010 Aston Martin Rapide Finally Ready For Production
- Frankfurt 2009: Aston Martin Rapide comes good - finally
- Panamera Wishes It Looked This Good: An Aston Martin Rapide High-Res Mega-Gallery
- Pics Aplenty: Aston Martin Rapide shows its true colors
- Aston Martin Quietly Unwraps Rapide Luxe Special Edition